Sunday, January 31, 2010

Week's end

Well, I made my first etsy sale of 2010. Two of my journals sold this week. Two of my favorites, actually. I made a few extra journals and all the bowls I have listed now for a craft show this past fall/winter. I was surprised when they didn't sell, because I really did think they were sweet. But that is the hard part about arts and crafts, I guess...it's all subjective.
Anyway, I was excited to make my first sale of the new year, especially since, creatively speaking, I've been having a dry spell.

My first week of the new job is over. It's exhausting not really knowing what I am supposed to be doing. I get a project, finish it, then have to track down the person who is to tell me what to do next. I thought I would fit in better, but there are so many people working there, I am still meeting new people and can't remember the name of the guy who went through all the first day paperwork with me! Getting used to late nights will be tricky. And the main reason for taking this job was really the fact that I could get good health insurance while working part time. But so far, they scheduled me 2 days next week (I really need to average 20 hours a week for benefits, so I'd need at least 3, 7-hour days/week) and one day is Monday...one of the days I can not work. So I have only one day of work next week (at the new job) and it's a 3-10 pm shift. That will be a test for sure. At least now I know I can get the dog to the vet this week.

I'm really starting to get into my class...learning about bloods and stuff, and then moving onto the tests and cultures. Very interesting. I think I should've been a scientist, but now I don't want to put in the schooling...too old and lazy!

But, today is Sunday and I get to spend the day with hubby. Last night was cute. He had gone out Friday night to support our friend and his band, but I had to work late and didn't want to drive out afterwards. So, that meant no pizza night...sad. But yesterday, he came by work and I took my break so we could do our grocery shopping (oh, yeah, the discount is a nice perk of this job, too). Some of our friends were going out last night, too, but I really wanted to a)not go out, and b)not spend the money since my hours have not picked up at the new job yet.
When I got home from work, I walked in the door and was handed a glass of whiskey (my fav) and greeted with a smile, a hug, and the smell of homemade pizza! What a guy!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the sale!! Crafts are a fickle market. Keep at it though, things will change soon (I hope).

    ReplyDelete