I know I've already posted today...
and, I hate posting mundane and dreary details, but here's an update on my kitty:
The doctor doing the ultrasound called in sick today. Which means: a)I brought Hanzo in to work for no particular reason; and, b) I have to wait until Thursday morning for more info on his condition.
The doctor who saw him last week, Dan, said the radiologist is calling it 'carcinoma' b/c that is what they always say...it's hard to tell from the x-ray if it is actually cancerous.
Since he was there, at work, Dan called one of the other doctors that was on, Michelle, and asked her to take a look at Hanzo. Michelle and I worked together on Nantucket, and she remembered Hanzo from when he was surrendered. We took another x-ray, because at this point he had developed a lump on his left hind leg. I admitted that it could just be from me 'holding off' when they drew blood the other day, but she wanted to be sure it wasn't a bone issue. Nothing showed in the x-ray, so, yes...it was mommy's fault!! A warm compress to the leg to see if the swelling goes down...I feel a bit like a brute now! :(
The good news is that, by bringing him to work, I had a virtually endless supply of foods to offer him, and he was back to his old 'scarfing' eating habit by the time I brought him home at lunch time!
Still not sure that he's drinking enough, but I can always get fluids to bring home, I guess.
The doctors are being very nice to the point where it is almost awkward now, at work...this too shall pass, I guess? :)
Anyway, I am feeling a little more optimistic, having spoken with Dan, face-to-face today. Maybe it's nothing?