Wednesday, November 30, 2011

more snow, but no snow

I started making my paper snowflakes awhile ago, hoping to get some in my shop for the holidays.  Instead, I had a friend ask for a trio of different sizes for her window.  I gave then to her as a hostess gift when we went over last weekend and she loved them.  She wants me to teach a class at the creative arts center, but I just can't do it.  For one, I am no public speaker.  I am a nervous person by nature, anyway, but put me in front of a group of people and it's adrenaline city (and not in a good way) and I'm a shaky mess for hours.  The real kicker, though, is that she wanted me to teach a children's class!  I am so not a kid person that the thought of it just made me laugh.  My friend says, 'I think you should teach a class for kids at the creative arts center!' My immediate reaction, 'HAHAHAHA! That's a good one!'

Well, the good news was that I finished her snowflakes in a couple of days and was eager to get some in the shop, finally.  Then I got a facebook message on my fan page from another friend.  She wants some to hang in her bakery!!  She's less specific about what she wants, so I'm just making some in all sizes for her to hang.

If I had done this weeks ago, I may have been able to actually SELL some for this winter, but it's coming fast. 
Tomorrow, it's December!  You wouldn't know it by the 50 or so degree weather we've been having here on the Cape, though.  I believe we have had 2 or 3 days of cold weather in November.  I have worn my wool coat once.  Other than that, I have been out in the afternoon, walking dogs wearing short sleeves, or at most, a sweatshirt!


It's not keeping me from listening to Christmas music while I work on snowflakes, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment