Thursday, November 3, 2011

all work and no play...

I FINALLY got some work done in my studio today! It seems like forever since I've had time to play with my paper and glue and scissors and such; but, the past couple of days I have carved out a couple hours for myself!
Yesterday I spent more time than I expected with other 'stuff'...wrapping gifts, closing bank accounts, grocery shopping...stuff that's kind of been piling up, just not getting done. Today I was able to make more time, with my 'stuff list' getting smaller. I wanted to scan some of my film camera photos from our recent trip, but I ran out of time. Maybe next week? Seems like I haven't seen Hubby in a long time, with all the work he's been doing and the arrival of his new computer taking him away to his own studio.
But here's what I've been doing...I'm so happy to have been getting some creative things going.
I found some old photos I had taken (really old...I took most of them when I was just 20!!) I thought it would be fun to put some of my quilled pieces into the photos: like this bird at sunset.
I decided to make a tiny journal... and add some quilling to the front cover! I don't know if it's a good idea, since it may not hold up well, but I thought it was super cute!
And that's the bulk of it for now. Time to get some dinner on the table...

No comments:

Post a Comment