Monday, August 30, 2010

oh, hi

I haven't been blogging much lately. I have several excuses:
1. I am on a mission to lose at least 10 pounds before Vegas. So I have just under 2 months to do it. But for me, I need to go full force now or else I will just do as I always do and not try hard enough and not reach my weight loss goal. So,
2. I have joined a weight loss site. I mentioned it earlier (myfitnesspal.com). I have been logging my food and exercise, and also being sure to get my workouts in.
3. I have been working almost non-stop. I put in an extra day at the kennel yesterday and will again on Wednesday. That means, my last day off was Friday the 27th and I will not likely get another day off until after Labor Day. That also means that yesterday my day was work #1, work #2, workout, back to work#2, dinner, bed.
4. We have company coming this weekend which means some furniture shuffling and major housecleaning.
So all my free time has been accounted for.
And then after Labor Day weekend, when Hubby's friend goes back to Florida, we will have about 2 days before the in-laws show up for their two week stay. Thankfully, they rent a house while they are here, so they do not stay with us.
We often have dinner out with them most nights, which includes pre-dinner cocktails. My favorite part of September!! :) The good thing is I usually make better choices when out with them, so my weight loss efforts shouldn't be negatively affected!
So that's my story.
I'm also thinking of (and after the craziness of September is over, I probably will) closing my etsy shop. I had it shut down for 'vacation' for most of the summer to try to re-vamp it, but I never did. So I just re-opened it and then had no time (or desire, really) to do anything else. So I think I'm gonna take stock of what I have and then just try to get rid of everything. Maybe once things settle down a little or I feel more creative, I can open a new shop, but right now, I'm just not feeling it.
I'll let you all know in case anyone has a burning desire for some handmade paper art objects.

1 comment:

  1. There's always the October and November Artisans Fairs at the farm. *~_^*

    ReplyDelete