Thursday, July 15, 2010

It's my Friday

I feel like blogging, though I don't have much time right now...so I will likely post again tomorrow.
Here's a list of random things:
1. My cat enjoys licking the handles of our reusable shopping totes and camera bags.
2. I was at work the other day and turned down one of the aisles to run into an old friend who I haven't seen since her engagement party about 7 or 8 years ago!! She now has twin girls, has moved BACK to Chicago for the second time after living in Texas, and was just home visiting her mother!!
3. One of my co-workers is back from vacation (14 days...who takes 2 week vacations anymore?? Lucky!) and said, 'you lost weight...you're tiny'. I am now in love with her.
4. We're getting Chinese take-out for dinner tonight. This is the first time in about a month that we've ordered out! I have been very good about 'make menu, buy food, cook dinner'. I'm getting the 'Kid's Happy Box'. That means small portions and no leftovers to keep ruining my 'diet'.
5. I REEEAAAALLLY want to get back into the studio, but I just don't know if I will ever be able to motivate myself to do it.
6. I have been working out diligently and loving it. Today, I did sit ups and push ups and took a nice walk to the beach with Hubby after work.
7. I am trying not to think about November, but it is really hard. I get up early anyway, but I like not HAVING to do it for awhile...4 am is getting difficult again.
8. A couple more friends seem to be up for the Gin Blossoms at the county fair next weekend. They may even ride rides...I've never ridden with anyone other than 'the girls'...not sure I really like the idea, but I guess we'll see.
9. We've had some nice rain the past couple of days. That means a handful of beans, stakes and twine had to be put up for the edammame, and the tomatoes are getting bigger, but still green.
10. I discovered film in my old SLR camera that still had film in it from our life on Nantucket. I have a few shots to take and then I can have the film developed to see what memories I might have lost if not for the camera.

1 comment: