Thursday, March 4, 2010

More of the same

It's still snowing or raining or some combination of the two. It's the kind of weather that makes me want to do nothing. So it's not a huge motivator. But today, I worked out after work! I drove one of my co-workers home because he is without a car after having it reposessed when he lost his higher paying job. Sad story, nice boy...glad to be of service.
Then I had lunch and watched tv. I finished the book I was reading last night and also finished my online course (100% on my final exam, thank you very much!) so I pretty much just felt like doing nothing all day. Then I decided to do SOMETHING, so I worked out for about a half hour. It wasn't a high intensity type workout, but my jobs are pretty physically demanding most of the time.
I am looking forward to Sunday again. It is funny how before, my days off were my errand days...spent doing all the things I couldn't do the rest of the week because I was AT work. Now, because of my schedule, I am more likely to do errands on my work days and so have no guilty feelings about just spending a nice relaxing day with Hubby at the end of the week. I was hoping my new schedule would be a chance for me to spend more time planning meals and cooking, but I've come to realise that I don't really like cooking and our meal 'planning' system has worked for so long, why mess with a good thing, right?!
Since falling into a regular schedule at my new job, I am feeling almost no stress. I have even already put in for time off for Thanksgiving week this year! We are planning our 10th wedding anniversary trip to Las Vegas and I already know I'm getting the time off, so I am less stressed about it and the excitement of taking a vacation (the first in many years) is taking over.
Things are good. I'm feeling happy again!
But I really need to figure out if I want to be in my studio...I just never feel creative. Maybe that ship has sailed?

No comments:

Post a Comment