Monday, January 9, 2012

ugh! Monday...ugh! Tuesday!!

I don't hate Monday because it's 'Monday', the first day of the week.  I mean, in all fairness, Monday falls in the middle of my work week, almost every week. I hate it (and Tuesday) because they are the days where I feel like they don't really...exist.  What I mean is that I get up, go to work, come home for dinner and sleep...both days.  There is not really any time for anything else...I live those days simply to work.  And I can see it starting to become a negative factor in my life.  I don't know how the other girls work 4 of these days (of course, they also have 3 days off a week, so I'm sure that helps)!  I basically get up Monday morning, and wait for Tuesday evening to arrive.  What a waste!
The kicker: in a couple weeks I will be getting another review at my other job (we have them every 6 months).  I have been at this job just a couple months less than the vet job, started at a couple dollars less/hour; yet, in a couple weeks I will be making more at the grocery store than at a job where I kind of put myself in harms way every minute. 
I'm not here to complain about work...really, I'm not.  I just can't help but think of all the stuff I could be doing if I wasn't getting scratched or bitten, or...well, all of the other nasty things animals will do when they're scared...all day.
Unfortunately, we are in a time where I don't dare quit a job just out of frustration.  It just means I have to work harder to focus on other things that DO make me happy and just put Mondays and Tuesdays out of my mind.  Nose to the grindstone, and all that.
I'll work out to release some stress AND get back into shape.
I'll put my frustration to work for me and bang out some journals and other paper crafts (I do get to use a hammer when I'm making my journals, so there is definitely opportunity for stress release there!).

I just had to get that off my chest...come on Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Venting is important. Also, I think that any job involving animals can really only be truly appreciated by people who put themselves in harm's way for the sake of the animal(s). You know? The crazy people who risk getting scars (that make them look like cutters) just because they had to weigh turkeys or patch up holes in chicken wire? Yeah, *those* people. :P

    ReplyDelete