Monday, January 16, 2012

come on, split!

Well, it's Monday again.  yippee!!  Today will test my patience and cool-headedness (though, that's not probably a real word).  Last Monday and Tuesday were excruciatingly boring.  I stood around for a good portion of my days and wanted to quit just so i could go home.  Today, we have a 'scheduling meeting' where I am planning on pleading my case for a split shift.  This will allow me to not just throw up my arms out of frustration and quit a job I can't afford to leave just yet.
I'm hoping I don't chicken out, or get all red-faced if they tell me 'no'. 

On another note, who tweets??  I am having the hardest time getting into it.  I'm doing better this time around, in that I actually remember that I have a twitter account and check in once in awhile.  It helps that my facebook updates post to twitter, so I don't have to try to be witting or funny or ...there all the time.  It seems to me to be a place where people can feel closer to famous people.  I was hoping to use it as a networking sort of thing...to find other people with similar interests...but, I am finding it very hard to carve out time to FIND people.  I have the same problem with my Etsy account...I need to make time for research.  (Which I'm hoping I can accomplish with a long lunch break on Mondays and Tuesdays!)
Here's a confession:  I just replied to a Simon Pegg tweet.  I felt silly doing it, and I feel odd that I've done it.  The world has become a strange place. I mean, sure, if I were to follow someone famous, they like something I made...I mean, you can see where this is going...I'm sure we've all thought of that scenario! 
Anyway, lately I have definitely been feeling like I was born too late.  Almost as if I have been struggling for nearly 38 years to fit in and evolve with the times, but instead I'm just grasping at the end of the rope hoping to just not be left behind. 
These are the things that run around in my head when I wake up at 4 a.m.  I need to be more productive, that's what this is telling me!!

But for now...off to work.

1 comment:

  1. I don't tweet. Honestly, I just do get the appeal. None of my friends save one tweets. I of course am not the norm. Most of them are on facebook and I hven't even done that yet.

    ReplyDelete