Sunday, January 29, 2012

sad day...

My poooooooooooor little dog has a bum leg.  This past summer she had numerous x-rays and tests to find out that she has dysplasia in her right hip.  So far, we have been able to pretend it's not there.  She took some meds for about a week or so, and the we weened her off those and just had her on supplements and such to keep her joints in tip-top shape.  Because I work at an animal hospital, where we have state-of-the-art laser therapy available, we did that for a week.  And, so far, that's been enough to keep her in good working condition.  Unfortunately, I think the 24 hours of crappy rainy weather, coupled with her obvious depression that 'Daddy's' been gone since Thursday morning, has caused a serious set back. 
She isn't putting any weight on it, and has been in bed since last night.
I put a heating pad on her hip, and massaged it a bit.  I gave her some of the meds that were left over from last time, and I've doubled up her supplements. 
I am often frustrated with my hospital job, but things like this constantly remind me that this job is a huge money saver. 
I am CRUSHED that she's in so much pain that she can't move.  I was in tear this morning thinking about the possibility that she may need surgery after all.  But this job allows me to not also add the medical bill stress to the equation.  And I'm thankful for that, at least.

She's the best thing to happen in our lives, in my opinion...there is nothing in this world like the companionship and love of a dog! 

In happier news: don't for get about the giveaway!  Winner gets picked Thursday afternoon.  So far, it looks like David of Clearer Reflections will win, as he's the only one participating so far!

3 comments:

  1. Oh! Poor Moxie!! *U_U* What a rough time she's had of it all.
    What about all of the people who've liked your shop and all of your followers? Are they not automatically entered, or have I misunderstood the criteria?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no no, you haven't misunderstood. but Dave has been following my blog, following me (and retweeting) on twitter, and is a fan of my facebook page...it just means he has a much better chance of winner, that's all!

    ReplyDelete