Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Turnovers and Lilies

I can't believe how time seems to be flying by these days. I think it's just because I have been keeping extra busy these days. I'm trying to be, um...less lazy. I am, most days, home from work by 1pm. Yes, it's because I am up at 3:30 am to start work at 4:30, but still...how can I let the days just slip by!? At any rate, I decided to take cooking back. It makes the most sense. If I am cooking, I have better control over the food (less 'meat & cheese'...a little more 'low cal & veggies'), a cleaner kitchen (Hubby is just about the messiest cook I have ever met!), and more control over the grocery budget. It also gives me a chance to use some of the THOUSANDS of recipes I have. I NEED recipes to cook. So, tonight...savory sausage, spinach, & onion turnovers, from Cooking Light. It's meant to be a 'quick cook' type of recipe, with minimal 'hands on' time, so it calls for refrigerated pie dough. I, however, because of my new life plan, made my own whole wheat & basil pie dough. The filling is just potatoes, red peppers, onions, chicken sausage, spinach, and some basil and spices. Hot out of the pan, and into the pie dough... So, now I just wait until we're ready to eat, pop those babies in the oven for about 20 minutes and...bing,bang,boom...dinner's ready! I managed to sneak in an hour workout, too! So far, I'm off to a good start! The flowers I got from my boss opened up in time for my party, and they are just so beautiful still!


I had to pull out the hydrangeas, but the lilies and daisies are so pretty!! My little bit of spring until the warmth gets here!

1 comment:

  1. YUM! Those turnovers look delicious :) Alright I am coming over for dinner.

    ReplyDelete