Wednesday, February 3, 2010

snow, again

Just when I thought it was just going to be cold, and that maybe the snowy season had ended...more snow. Here's why I think it snowed: I was thinking of going to Dad's to clean out the car. Doh!

It's probably a blessing in disguise, though. I started to feel a bit of a sore throat coming on during work Monday. I bought some medicine and have been taking it to try to keep this cold from getting worse. This, too, came at an okay time I suppose since I am not scheduled to work again until Saturday. That gives me several days to get better.
Today I have a lunch meeting for my vet job. And I have a lesson for study, which I have already skimmed. And then I am planning on resting.

I want to take some time to go through the house with a pad of paper and note all chores for each room. What I mean, is: if I were to put my house on the market tomorrow, what eye-sores should be addressed? I have let things pile up. Mostly it is because the weather doesn't really permit me to do what I need to do...like, painting (ventilation) and major clean-up (think yard sale). But, if I have a list ready, when the time comes...like an unseasonably warm day off...then maybe I can cross something off the list before Spring rolls around? Then, of course, there's the matter of all the recyclables and returnables taking over the basement. All they need is a trip into town and that problem is solved...that would require me to get off the computer and stop being lazy (and, right now, sick).
Basically, we bought this house with the assumption that it is our first house and we don't want to stay here. We have a neighborhood in mind where we would like to live, and someday, we'll make it happen. In the meantime, I feel like my stuff is just taking over and I need to think about what it will be like when we move. I don't want a big hassle in the end, if I can streamline now!
But, alas, here I sit, drugged up on cold medicine, waiting to go to a meeting I will likely have trouble focusing on.
There's always tomorrow...or Friday...

No comments:

Post a Comment