Tuesday, May 19, 2009

sad and falling behind

I am in the middle of my most socially booked week ever. I am not a social person by any means, so even two nights would be full for me. But Saturday we celebrated our 5 year anniversary of closing on our current house, and had some friends over. The next night we were scheduled to go to a friend's house to hear a radio broadcast of his ex-wife's local music show. Monday night we were planning on having dinner out with a regular group who likes to meet up at the local Thai restaurant. We did not go out for dinner last night as I was feeling sick. Today, after work, I went to see my sister, and then poker is at a nearby friend's house, but I am still not feeling up to more socializing. Thursday we are going out with all of our friends to the opening night (and the real start of summer on Cape Cod for all of the late-nighters) at the Beachcomber. We have been ridiculed mercilessly about having never been there in the 15 years we have lived on the Cape. So, to this, we must go. Even if I DO have to get up at 4:30 the next morning. Tomorrow, a day off, will be spent planting the plants I finally got in the mail yesterday; picking up some medical supplies for my dad who is finally getting out of the nursing home where he has been recovering from foot surgery; and, possibly visiting a friend I never see because she lives off my beaten path.
Because of all this socializing, I believe I have worn myself out, and I am not sure if I have a cold or if I am finally acquiring allergies (as they say you do if you live out here long enough). It is why I decided not to go out for dinner last night, and why I didn't go to poker tonight (even though I actually wanted to for once). I will have to push through it tomorrow, though, because now I have things I HAVE to do.
The sad part is that I am WAY behind in my blog reading and have a lot of reading to catch up on...I guess I had better get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment