Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Poker game tonight

Well, the poker game was almost homeless this week, due to the original 'host house' coming down with something (likely the flu everyone has gotten, given away, and then gotten back again). We hosted last week, in honor of my birthday and my having yet ANOTHER wednesday off (looks like it's gonna stick for now). It was also the week of another friend's birthday, so there was cake...lots of cake...and wine and pizza. We are all mid-30's to 40's, but I think you're never too old for a pizza party. It was fun, but we weren't going to be able to afford food for everyone again. We always have a small turnout at our place, as it is hard to find room for more than 3 large card tables AND still have room to move about. Not to mention the fact that our kitchen is barely big enough to fit the two giant pizzas! And most of the gang lives close to each other, but far from us. But since no one was offering...well, no one seemed to mind bringing food if we hosted, it's on us again.
To be honest, I was looking forward to staying home and having a little 'me' time, but I couldn't very well let them NOT play poker for an entire extra week, could I?

No comments:

Post a Comment