Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Whatever Wednesday, I guess

It's been a good day, overall. I ran my banking and shopping errands early enough to still have the interest to do other things today. Of course, none of it meant getting into the studio. I was hoping to list something on etsy today, since it has been forever since I've listed anything new, but I just never got to it. After working out, and then talking our evening walk to the beach, then dinner...I'm just not interested in filling my days off so full that I am exhausted at the end of it and it just seems like another day of work. So I felt good about it.
I have been eating a lot of veggies from my garden.
Here's my squash:

With my last batch of paper I wanted to try something new, and have been wanting to do some paper animals or sculpture of some sort. So I took little wooden fish ornament I have had for years and covered half with my paper. Basically using the same idea that I used when covering the coconut shell for my origami ornaments.
These are the ornaments...
This is my first fish!
And I have been working on some envelopes for these enclosure cards I'm playing with, too.
Now I just have to put it all together, take some pictures, and sell some stuff!!!

2 comments:

  1. Your crooknecks are beautiful! Don't let them go for too long after you've picked em, though; they tend to get splotchy very fast!
    Cute fishy!
    I love those cards, too. My what an artsy lady you've bloomed out to be. *^_^*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those cards! Hope they sell like cakes!

    xo
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete