Friday, December 2, 2011

a full day...i like it!

well, a full day by my book is probably a boring 'what now' kind of day for a normal person. 
I was up early, as usual, and posting oddball random thoughts blogs at 4:30 this morning...not even sure what i was babbling on about.  Then i finished the last 2 of the 6 snowflakes I was making for my friend to hang in her bakery.
 I would've loved to have delivered them today, but I had to spray them with sealant and i didn't want to rush it.  By the time Hubby left for work at 8:30, I had lost my desire to take the run I had been thinking about all morning.  Running was so much easier when I could get up at 5 and be out the door, with the sun already rising, by 5:30!  Having to wait until the buses are out is annoying.  So, instead, I cleaned the kitchen and then ate some lunch while I watched a stupid movie that I can't even remember right now! 
Then, for about 10 minutes, around 2pm, I stared at my running shoes and talked myself in and out of running several times before finally giving in.  I didn't run the full 25 minutes i was out, but alternated 3 minutes of running with a minute of walking.  I wasn't really feeling it, but i was glad I got out to exercise.  Of course, then I came home, and between spraying my snowflakes, trying to watch Footloose(I just couldn't get into it), trying to decide what to buy for christmas gifts, and trying to coordinate a small cocktail party for next weekend, I made rice crispy treats.  And then I ate half of them!!  (it was not a full batch of treats, but still...) 
so, by a 'full day' I mean i spent most of it eating!  Clearly my day off has to be my 'cheat' day b/c it's really all i want to do when i'm home.

Well, i decided to take advantage of having a window in our shed, and took my snowflakes outside to spray.  While i was out there, I glanced at my garden beds.  And I saw green...it was a tiny snow pea plant!
 and over in the other bed...a bunch of giant radishes!!  Crazy weather!













And this was the inside of the really big one on the left! Gross!

No comments:

Post a Comment