Wednesday, November 11, 2009

one day...two posts? my, oh my!

I just wanted to post to boast! I wanted...I mean, REALLY wanted, to take a trip 'into town' (=the town halfway between me and my sisters, where we usually meet up for coffee and whatnot) and get an Eggnog Latte. But, lucky for my, Steph didn't get her stuff done yesterday and was unable to meet me. That meant I needed to take the opportunity to do some work of my own. I have decided to use up the paper I have made by just making more journals, tags, cards, or whatever stikes my fancy in the next couple of days. Then there's all the random shaped paper 'cups' (or whatever you might call them) that need to be sealed and (maybe) painted or decorated somehow. And then that's it. I'm not going to stress myself out by over-extending this time.
So, that's what I did! I have been working very hard today, taking a break for a quick lunch of cold pizza (Hubby makes the best homemade pizza!!). Now it's just about 15 minutes until I need to start thinking about what to make for dinner tonight and thought I might post a few pics of what's been happening here...
My last batch of paper was blue and I made a bunch of different shapes to use as pencil holders or little 'catch-alls' or whatever. I sealed them all today and now just have to finish them off. Not sure how, but I better figure that out! Any suggestions?
I thought the little square one with the boat would be cute in a little boys room.
I also cranked out a few journals. There are still a few to bind, but I am waiting for glue to dry on the covers.

I also found a few minutes to make a quick hang tag using a silly little design I whipped up in PhotoShop the other day. I'm pretty happy with the results considering I'm not the computer person in the family!

Oh, and lastly, I wanted to show my last bit of tomatoes from the garden. We had so many little greenies on the tomato plant when it started getting cold and I was sad they were all going to have grown in vain. Then a friend of mine said, 'bring them in and hang them in the window. They will ripen.' And I did; and, they did!

3 comments:

  1. very true about the ripening tomatoes. I think I did a post about a 1940's article about all the way to store up and keep those fall tomoatoes!
    Don't you love homemade pizza and once you realize, "That's all I have to do to make the dough? Some yeast, flour sugar water, that's it!" it is an ah-ha moment and SO much better than store bought. Good for hubby! We'll have to swap dough recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, goodness! we don't make the dough. i almost never have sugar in the house and i certainly have no need for yeast. but i like the trader joe's dough and it's only a buck and he just has to roll it out...bing,bang,boom!
    but i'm sure you have a lovely dough recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done on all your hard work. those tomatoes look juicy!

    ReplyDelete