Monday, July 9, 2012

Chemo and Weddings and a busy week

(Source: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Ficklepicklefun?ref=seller_info)
This made me chuckle a little.  One of my friends is about to endure the first of her chemo treatments today.  I think she has 7-9 weeks of it.  She's such a strong person, though, I have no doubt she will come out on top.  The night before she was set to have her lumpectomy, we had gone out for some beers and to listen to a U2 cover band.  We found out the next day, that she was headed into her appointment.  

In happier news, we're attending a wedding on Saturday.  Two of my old co-workers are getting hitched.  They have transferred to Missouri, but all of their family is here, so it'll be a lovely Cape Cod wedding.  I made a pair of earrings that didn't quite live up to my standards to sell, but they are perfectly fine for me AND will match my dress beautifully!  One of my other friends is buying one of my necklaces to wear, too, and has requested a matching pair of earrings.  So that is what I will be doing today...after my trip to the recycling center, grocery store, and my final attempt to find Hubby a shirt to wear!!  And all of that comes after the coffee and walk to the beach.  Assuming Jason gets up soon.

I bought a new camera last week.  Well, I ordered it...and it is scheduled to arrive TOMORROW!!  Also tomorrow, is the big day for the move of the Barracuda to Steph's new house.  That means, I won't get to play with my new toy until Wednesday afternoon!!  And then I can use it at the wedding to practice for the wedding I will actually be playing photographer at next July. 
Get ready for lots of pictures now...I'm hoping this new camera will finally ignite that spark!


No comments:

Post a Comment